Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Southeast Riders Report

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> 2015 Flint Hills Stampede - May 29-31, 2015
View previous topic :: View next topic  
will_kc
Very Active Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Southeast Riders Report Reply with quote

South East Riders Report

Total Miles 235

Riders:
William Brentlinger, Kincaid , 2007 KLR 650, Daniel Barwick, Independence, 2009 KLR 650,
Alan Stites, Hutchinson, 2011 KLR 650, Dan Booth, Miami (OK), 2007 KLR 650,
Craig Betts, Goddard, 2004 KLR 650, Chris Swanson, Riverside (IA), 1999 DR650
Seth Edmondson, Wichita, 2004 KLR 650, “Ike” Hofling, Wichita, 2008 KLR 650
Dwight Smalley, Augusta, 2001 KLR650, Dan Smith, Lincoln (NE), 2013 WR250R
Nick Brawner, El Dorado, KTM ???, Jim Brawner, El Dorado, 2008 KTM EXC525
Noelle Brawner, El Dorado, 1985 DR350, Alec Brawner, El Dorado, 2000 KTM EXC380

To all the newbies to Backroads Touring, Welcome and I hope you had a good time. We had a few newbie pains getting started out of Eureka but hit the gravel just East of Town.

Heading south we encountered nothing but cut off roads north of Climax and Valley Falls Lake swollen over all the asphalt roads. Not knowing if our smaller bikes had enough fuel to run much further, the group rerouted to Severy to refuel.

From Severy the group headed south to Neodesha to refuel again and grab lunch at Mojo’s pizza. We had a few iffy moments when the group looked like it was going to separate, but we all made it to lunch.

After lunch the group headed south again and followed US 400 east trying to find a through road back north. That is where we encountered the “mile of mud”. Several of the riders went down for the muddy count (Including myself). The “boys” in the group road the mile twice just for fun.

Once the group had cleaned off the bikes, we continued north to Buffalo for the next small bike refuel. Lenny’s Gas station was closed and the pumps did not take cards. Bad news! We ran straight for Yates Center, but one of the two stroke KTMs sputtered out before town. A found bottle, a KLR and a little mix saved the day.

After refueling again, the group headed west from Yates center riding the roads north of US 54. Cut off roads and muddy two track forced the group to head back south to pavement. Looking at the time (5:45) and being twelve miles from Eureka, the group headed in to call it a day.

Thanks Ike for riding sweep
will_kc
Very Active Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is our track from the ride.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzqqv0n2w5lj7vl/2015%20Track.png?dl=0
JIMB8283
Quiet Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will, Thank you.
My Klan had a great time.
My wife was worried that she would slow us down and wasn't going to go but she is a great rider as we all found out. That was her first ride on that bike(DR350) and she liked it. The Boy's what can I say Nick races AA and Alec races the B class in FMHSC and do quit well. For my self I just wanted to have fun after all the bike problems, lost and found wallet and lost and found I phone (2 hours latter) Embarassed . Overall we had a great time and looking forward to next year. you can bet we will be better prepared. Alec has already bought a KLR so the 2 stroke is retired for that type of riding.
Once more Thank you. Jim Brawner
1985 SUZUKI DR350
1985 SUZUKI SP600
2007 BWM R1200 GS
2000 BMW R1150 GS
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> 2015 Flint Hills Stampede - May 29-31, 2015 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: