Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What tires are you running?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snarf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: What tires are you running? Reply with quote

This should get a lot of .. traction.. HA! [yeah i know, that was bad]

On the AT, I have a Full Bore front [basically a shinko 705], and a TKC70 on the back. Overall i'm pretty happy with them- the front leaves a lot to be desired in the dirt/gravel though. They're fantastic on the pavement.

After this set burns out, I'm looking at the shinko 804/5s F/R, or maybe the Mitas E07s.. they're a lot more $ though...

On the XRR I have some Kenda Trackmasters [think Dunlop 752 copies], and they work amazing int he dirt, and are acceptable on the road. Once these wear I'll priobably get another set. The XRRs principal of use is a back road race bike, honestly. I really dont care about corner carving on the 21/18 setup.

AT / XRR / CR2fiddy
Woody469
Uber Active Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what ratio you figure you'll be doing street/dirt wise? You know already I love my 804/805 setup! Randy has the Mita's E07 Dakars on his ST, I know they appear to be miserable on a big bike in sand for sure! I'm gonna say the Shinko's are probably considered 40/60 dirt biased which is definitely the right fit for my purposes, Mita's probably the opposite at 60/40 or maybe even 70/30 street biased.... Bang for the buck and my purposes the Shinko's are a perfect fit, pretty good off-road and confidence inspiring on streets..

I've used the TKC80's as primary tires on XRL and I'll probably switch to the 804/805 next set, way better mileage and I like the front better for sure.. My .02 cents worth.....
1981 Honda CB900F (Classic Beauty)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: