Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BTKS Discussion Forum Archival …… Mar. 1, 2017

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Admin. Announcements / Instructions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger Baugh
Uber Active Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: BTKS Discussion Forum Archival …… Mar. 1, 2017 Reply with quote

Greetings, Fellow Riders!

Just a quick note to let you know that the BTKS Bulletin Board will become archived on March 1.

Am passing the online community duties on to a group of fellow riders. They share our strong passion for the sport, and for our community. The closing of the old discussion forum and transitioning to an improved venue was planned and executed through in-depth discussion and teamwork these past months. The fully featured and user-friendly ride discussion forum is coming together at: http://backroads.bike

Take a look there, and become a part of the new community if you like what you are seeing and reading. I became a new member right away!

* As a registered member of the old/archived bulletin board, you can continue to logon for PMs and e-mail notifications after the archival date. The board will become locked down and closed to new posts on March 1. All visitors to the ‘mothballed site’: http://backroadstouring.org/kansas can continue to view the ‘board’, ‘gallery’, ‘links’, and ‘safety’ sections. (preserving our ride history going back to the 2001 season)

Let’s Ride! R Cool ger

Nil Carborundum Illegitimi

'07 KLX250S - Grasshopper
'93 CB750 - Black Stallion
Woody469
Uber Active Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, thanks for keeping the the archives online and available for everyone's continued use, that's a generous service considering the volumes of great information that has been compiled over the last what 15 years!!

What you created here so long ago is amazing, especially when you consider there was nothing like it regionally for SURE, and possibly not even nationally!

I would personally like to thank for your incredible innovation firstly, then your undaunted stewardship of this website, for introducing me to SO many great people, who many have since become very close dear friends I cherish, among which I would certainly include you Sir, my neighbor! This passion we call Adventure riding, Backroads riding or whatever, has greatly enhanced my riding time and enjoyment more than you can imagine and resparked the passion for 2 wheels I've had since the age of 8, and so much of that I can directly contribute to you and this forum and its members!

I'm glad you approve of the progress of the new discussion board, I think JollyRoger and nickB have done a phenomenal job of putting together a great and innovative forum environment especially when you think about just how little time they have taken to set it up!

Now maybe you can spend a little more time out enjoying the beauty of our region that you love so much Roger! I look forward to making many more memories and stories with you and all our members in the future! Let's go make some dust mt friend..

Once more, thank you Sir!

David Woodward......
1981 Honda CB900F (Classic Beauty)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Admin. Announcements / Instructions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: