Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures From Stampede
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Flint Hills Stampede - June 11-13, 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldjr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: lunch Reply with quote

Hey guys, I like Glens discription of lunch in the ride report, (a few burgers and brats in a cramped garage) Laughing lets leave it at that or with his wifes cooking Glen could have 130 in his group next year!
DR 200
Jeff
Quiet Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rangerider wrote:
DirtFarmer wrote:

Seeing the lead rider on this shot made me shudder. That's the very worst thing you can do on a water crossing! Center of gravity way too high, one slip of the rear or front wheel, and an immediate crash is almost guaranteed.

Weight on the pegs, especially during a water crossing!

IMHO .... RangeRider

I thought this was me. This is what I did and the front wheel slipped. The handle bar caught my leg above the knee. My knee is seriously damaged. ACL, MCL, PCL all gone. Impact and slide went down to the bone. I'll never be the same. Do NOT ride thru water like this, ever. Wet feet is minor compared to the risk...........Jeff Ippel 2010 Stampede
rangerider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
I thought this was me. This is what I did and the front wheel slipped. The handle bar caught my leg above the knee. My knee is seriously damaged. ACL, MCL, PCL all gone. Impact and slide went down to the bone. I'll never be the same. Do NOT ride thru water like this, ever. Wet feet is minor compared to the risk........... Jeff Ippel 2010 Stampede

Oh, ouch! .... had no idea that this was a "moments before" shot. Knees are no fun. Best wishes for a thorough recovery, and sorry this even happened in the first place.

..... RangeRider
Uber Active Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your head up Jeff. You'll be back up and going before too long. Stationary bike will be your friend for awhile. After that get on the mtn bike and go for a ride. You'll get those ligaments strong again. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Flint Hills Stampede - June 11-13, 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: