Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KLR650 / Sealed Battery

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangerider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: KLR650 / Sealed Battery Reply with quote

Does anyone know a good source for the YUASA YTX14AHL-BS sealed battery in the Wichita area? A-Series KLR

Noticed in late January that the battery was sluggish on a relatively warm day .... and today it just blinked out, even though it's been ridden every week or two. Is on the charger now ... but with the battery at three years old, am not hopeful for a full resurrection. Post mortem ... The YUASA ended up being DOA ...

The YUASA sealed didn't last as long as the flooded (wet) OEM YUASA ... but then again, didn't spend hours doing electrolyte replenishments on the sealed, either.

If anyone knows of a good local dealer ... please pass it on.

****** Answered my own question ... found the following at Batteries Plus in west Wichita ...

Xtreme Permaseal High Performance AGM Powersport Battery - XTA14AHL-BS

The Xtreme is an exact size replacement ... 12 month warranty, priced about $25 less than the YUASA. Will see how it performs ....
Hyper Active Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: battery Reply with quote

How did has the sealed battery been doing? My '07 klr wouldn't turn over fast enough to start on Tues. morning, usually fires right up, even at 16 degress, started in the evening at 45 degress or so. Did start fine this morning, but that was after 4 hrs. on a trickle charger. Original battery, with 7760 miles.
I thought I would try the sealed battery if it is worth the extra $$. It would be nice not to have to check acid levels now and then. What sealed battery types work the best for the $$?
2007 KLR
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: