Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Routes or Tracks for Flint Hills?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonK94Z
Infrequent Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Routes or Tracks for Flint Hills? Reply with quote

I am looking for routes or tracks that i can load into my Garmin to go ride the Flint Hills. If anybody has any to share, maybe post them here or email them to me at: jtkuntz (at) gmail.com

I haven't rode there yet since I just moved to kansas last October. I'd like to have a nice day trip and maybe a Saturday night campout.
ajayhawkfan
Uber Active Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,

Have you signed up for the Flint Hill's Stampede? There will be lots of groups running different routes all over the Flint Hills. Camping and dinners is also included.

Eddie
phil denk
Uber Active Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Flint Hills tracks..... Reply with quote

Hey Jason, I noticed you've been to GpsXChange...nice track! My advice is to get a DeLORME atlas/gazeteer or National Geographic Backroads Explorer CD set and do a bit of map research. The Nat Geo program will allow you to print out maps and establish waypoints and is a great source for putting together a route. By running a track on your GPS and navigating by the maps (and your GPS) you can run your selected route and also see what other roads are close by...

Bottom line...you can't go wrong. The Flint Hills offer endless options and as long as you can find your way back to camp you're doing o.k.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: