Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sleeping bag recommendations

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Clifford
Uber Active Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Sleeping bag recommendations Reply with quote

Looking for recommendations on sleeping bags and some type of mattress or air system to sleep on. My bones lookin for as much comfort as possible.
2000 DR650
316-992-5678
Eric

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,
I don't have a clue which brand of sleeping bag I have. I so far don't care as long as it it tall enough for me to be comfortable. The secret is having an air mattress. It's comfy on the bones and insulates you from the cold ground. Some of the best sleep I've had was while curled up in my cocoon we received 4 inches of snow. The mattress I use is a major brand name that you find in the Wally-world sporting goods section. Not top of the line by any means but if I have a failure during a trip, well, I only need to swing by a local Wally-world (which seem to be everywhere) and grab a new one along with a jumbo sized 15 # bag of pork rinds. The mattress folds down fairly small and ties on with a bungee cord. I also have a cheap raft inflator that I've wired for a 2 wire battery plug. No battery or starter issues. The bike has always started the next day after blowing it up.

I'm sure there are much nicer, more expensive sleeping outfits around but this setup works great for me and leaves more funds for the actual trip.

Sleep tight,
Eric
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: