Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

favorite tires?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jud
Quiet Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: 640 / 950 Knobbies ??? Reply with quote

Ty Wood ( Minnesota ) wrote:
Greg and Bo-9,

I am very interested in any/all feedback that you fellows have on the Dunlop ( 606 ) and the ( 908 ). I love the Metzeler Enduro 3 Saharas for blacktop riding and would go anywhere on these coast-to-coast. These tires have survived ( there / back ) Kansas rides twice with solid performance. These are not impressive when we hit MUD or GUMBO !!!

I am getting ready to shod the '07 640/Adv with some knobbs as I just converted to the high-fender. In the past...I have run the MT-21's on my (SOLD) '02 640/Adv and have done great on trips to Kansas, Colorado, and Kentucky. Now I am tossed between the 606 and the 908. I really like the tread pattern on the 606, yet I can not get a 606 in 140/80-18 size! Is there any concern with going with a D606 ( 130/90-18 ) ? The tires that I end up with MUST have solid contact on the road ( especially on the front tire! )...as I usually get to ride a distance to the off-road ride.

Please keep the feedback coming.

Thanks.

The D606 is far and away my favorite DS tire. I run it on all my 650-class bikes:640A, KLR650 and DR650. For me, it has consistently outlasted the MT21 and the Karoo. I have no hesitation in running a 130 on the KTM.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: