Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index Backroads Touring - Kansas
Coordinate Rides & Share Information

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dual Sport Helmet

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rv sparky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Dual Sport Helmet Reply with quote

I am trying to find an MX helmet that I can wear on dual sport rides. I have a Hornet now as well as several full face helmets. The full face get very hot and dust is a problem. The Hornet is hot at low speeds and the visor wants to rip my head off at speed. Has any one tried the Shark SXR or is there something else out there with a vented visor that I can ride at speed but still wear goggles ??
rangerider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Sport Helmet Reply with quote

rv sparky wrote:
I am trying to find an MX helmet that I can wear on dual sport rides. I have a Hornet now as well as several full face helmets. The full face get very hot and dust is a problem. The Hornet is hot at low speeds and the visor wants to rip my head off at speed. Has any one tried the Shark SXR or is there something else out there with a vented visor that I can ride at speed but still wear goggles ??

I wear a full-face HJC CL-Max .... really enjoy the flip-up feature, while it gives me full bug-splat and thrown up object protection at speed. A little noisy, but nothing that ear-plugs can't cancel out.

Have seen motocross-style helmets fail to protect on an adventure-tour type of crash .... not for me!

.. rr
Uber Active Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to purchase a new Arai XD-3 Dual Sport helmet very soon! There are several options out there for dual sport from Fulmer up to Shoei and Arai! You just need to decide how much your willing to spend really!
1981 Honda CB900F (Classic Beauty)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Backroads Touring - Kansas Forum Index -> Helmets, Tires, GPS, et al ... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: